Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5 Simple Steps for Selecting Fabric

•Do you have difficulty selecting fabrics for your quilts?
•Do you get in the quilt shop and then get confused about which fabrics you should select?


Here are 5 simple steps for selecting fabric for your quilt. 
Choose 8 fabrics.  Why 8 fabrics, because is a nice number to start with.

Step 1 - the one you love, multi colored, your border
Step 2 - one fabric darker, one slightly lighter value, one much lighter
Step 3 - select fabrics between the 4 chosen fabrics
Step 4 – select a fabric darker than any of the 7
Step 5 – choose one of the fabrics as accent


Watch this video to learn how to practice these 5 steps.

2 comments:

  1. I simply love this video! I was at HMQS and didn't have time to watch it when you posted it, so I put it on my calendar for this morning. And I'm glad I did - what a logical sequence that is for color selection! That will help me so much. Would you mind if I reposted to provide a link back here to your blog? You can find me at mountainquiltworks.blogspot.com. Have fun at Quilt Market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, I just found your comment. You are welcome to share the blog and video.

      Delete